Sunday, June 03, 2007

Belated Pentecost Post

OK, so I know that I am six days late on this post, but here it goes.
I am sure that many have wondered about my blog's somewhat cryptic name: 50 Days After. It is named for Pentecost, the birthday of the Church. Hence, of course, the pentecost pic on the right hand side. Even though I started my blog on a different day, Pentecost is like another birthday since it is the namesake of the blog.
I would also just like to add an amusing story about the Pentecost mass that I attended. I was out of town for the weekend in Anchorage, so I went to Holy Family Cathedral. As part of the reading, Jesus said "Peace be with you". As soon as the priest read this part of the Gospel reading a woman two pews in front of me responded back, "And also with you". I chuckled because we've all been there.

No comments: