Thursday, December 16, 2010

7 Quick Takes 17DEC10

1. Does anyone have any suggestions for books about Louis Martin (St Therese de Lisieux's Dad)? I am curious to read what he did as a father to encourage his daughters in holiness. He obviously did something right.
2. I've moved around easily a dozen times in my twenty-odd years. I think I might stay where I am or at least try to. I found an AMAZING Melkite Catholic parish here. We are Latin Rite, but I am falling in love with the Divine Liturgy and seriously considering becoming Melkite. Maybe my daughter will get to grow up near her grandparents, like I never got to.
3. In the next few months, I am going to start putting things together to set up a small business. I don't expect to quit my day job, but owning my own business is something I've wanted to do for some time.
4. Right now Sitemeter has recorded about 24, 600 visits. While this blog has only ever been for my enjoyment, I still like the idea that some time this month or next I will have had 25,000 visitors.
5. Speaking of visitors, the most popular posts are Saint Quiz IV and my posts regarding St Expeditus.
6. Do any of the other parents out there find themselves watching their kids show even after they leave? It usually takes me 15 minutes or so for it to register that my daughter is in bed and I am still watching Nickelodeon.
7. "Blessed is he who comes in the Name of the Lord." Psalm 118:26 or 117:26 in the Douay-Rheims translation

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

No comments: