Friday, October 07, 2011

7 Quick Takes 07OCT2011

1. Today is the start of the Greek Festival downtown. The local Greek Orthodox church, Most Holy Trinity, is cooking Greek food, and displaying Greek culture. It'll be a lot of fun and I'm meeting some friends there today to enjoy it with them.
2. I am waiting now to find out what I have to do to begin the process to change my rite of ascription to Melkite Catholic.
3.Today is the first day of my four day weekend. God bless the Army!
4. I personally enjoy heavy metal. After all, God is the one who blessed us with rhythm and creativity to come up with the different forms of music. Granted, much of heavy metal has distasteful and often blasphemous lyrics, but I've really been getting into Cradle Catholic. He has great heavy metal riffs with Latin prayers as the lyrics.
5. The Pope was honored by an Orthodox University the other day.
6. What would the American Catholic have left to post on if you took away the Civil War and American Politics?
7. Glory be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, both now and always, and unto the ages of ages.

Please visit Jen's 7 Quick Takes for this week.

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog