Friday, February 17, 2012

7 Quick Takes 17FEB12

  1. Less than two weeks now until my discharge.
  2. I finally watched There Be Dragons last night. I've got to say, that was an amazing movie! The plot alone made it the best movie I have seen in years, but the subtle visual cues put it over the top. And the juxtaposition of the main characters was outstanding! I recommend it to anyone.
  3. I'm thinking about taking my daughter to the zoo tomorrow, but I'm not sure because its an hour away and gas is getting ridiculously expensive.
  4. Akathist in English
  5. So of my great to do list of about 60 items that I made on New Years, I have completed about 20 or so. To be fair to myself, many of them are very time consuming such as removing all the stumps from the backyard (I've gotten four so far).
  6. Does anyone actually read my rantings beyond the first one or two lines?
  7. "Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil by good." Romans 12:21
Check out the other 7 Quick Takes at Betty Beguiles

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

4 comments:

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

We have a membership to our local zoo -- that's the only way we can afford it.

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

okay...I'll rent There be Dragons (I was turned off by the bad grammar in the title!)

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

@Priest's wife The title is definitely more poetic than proper. I put it in again and watch the deleted scenes and I wish the first deleted scene had been left in the movie.
@Dianna I also have a membership, but I've decided not to go because the price of gas. Maybe we'll go after payday on the 1st.

kkollwitz said...

"Does anyone actually read my rantings beyond the first one or two lines?"

Putting this so far down tends to skew the results.