Sunday, February 12, 2012

Saints and Scripture High Priest

"So Christ also did not glorify himself, that he might be made a high priest: but he that said unto him: 'Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.' As he saith also in another place: 'Thou art a priest for ever, according to the order of Melchisedech.'" Hebrews 5:5,6
Jesus Christ is our High Priest continually offering of His  one sacrifice of Self at Cavalry on altars around the world. Melchizedek was the king/high priest of Salem and offered a sacrifice of bread and wine. Abraham offered to him 10% of everything he had. I can't do justice to this passage so I'll leave it to the saints:
"Formerly a lamb was offered, a calf was offered. Christ is offered today...and he offers himself as priest in order that he may remit our sins: here in image, there in truth where, as our advocate, he intercedes for us before the Father."--St Ambrose
I'm also leaving a link to a talk by Dr Scott Hahn called The Eucharist as the Meal of Melchizedek.

Check out the Saints and Scripture main page.

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

1 comment:

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

I'm blessed, and very thankful for Jesus' continued sacrifice for us.

I must be doing something right as a Catholic momma -- after surviving 10 minutes in the Adoration Chapel with my children, my youngest daughter turns to me and says,

"Momma, I know why Jesus died on the cross for us. He loves us so much."

Out of the mouths of babes ....

Thanks so much for participating in Saints and Scripture Sundays!