Friday, April 13, 2012

Seven Quick Takes Pope stuff

I've always just thrown stuff in here to fill the seven, so this week I'm trying a theme. I already don't like it, but its done. Back to chaos and disorder next week.

1. I found a game where the object is to name (for me after the few 5 or 6 I guessed) all 40 countries that John Paul II visited more than once.
2. Random trivia on Papal Travels: Pope Paul VI was the only Pope to visit Iran.
3. I looked around on the site from #1 and found a game where you guess the most common papal names.
4. If you're looking for more of a challenge you can try to guess all the names used by Popes. Not each number, just the 80 different names before those numbers.
5. Pope Constantine traveled to Constantinople. He's also the only one of the Byzantine Popes who chose a distinctively Greek name.
6. A lot of people don't realize that the Popes at one time were the rulers of the Papal States across central Italy.
7. When Italy was united under Garibaldi, the Popes found themselves without any temporal power until Mussolini granted sovereignty over Vatican City to the Pope.

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

No comments: