Monday, July 16, 2012

What is truth/mirror universe

So I was watching a video clip of an interview with Nancy Pelosi on a blog. She argued that the Catholic Church has historically been unsure of when life begins. She pointed to St Augustine as her only evidence (aside from her adamant insistence). The fallacies in this argument are rife. Her only "evidence" is one bishop (St Augustine of Hippo) of the tens or hundreds of thousands that have been ordained to the episcopacy. Then she goes on to insist on her own authority that of course that means that the Church has been undecided all these years. Why are we supposed to believe someone whose career and politics seem to mean more to her than her immortal soul?
I can't help but think of all the people out there like who are determined to preach their version of Catholic teachings. Sadly, many people believe their anti-magesterium.
They stare in the face of the truth attested to by Jesus, and ask like Pontius Pilate, "What is truth?" There are the White House staffers who tried to lecture the USCCB on the "real" teachings of the Catholic Church. There's of course Nancy Pelosi and the head of HHS Katherine Sebelius. But there are also the countless others who've taken up the message and are trying to establish a sensus fidei with mirror teachings. That's the part I find most irritating is that its not enough for them to declare their belief in these things that are contrary to the truth, but they seem to feel the need to declare that its part of their beliefs as Catholics and they seemed determined to convince the rest of us and to drag us down with them.
I will quit my rambling now and leave you my reader with one last thought. I admit it, I love Star Trek even despite Gene Rodenberry. One of my top 5 favorite TOS episode is Mirror Mirror (you know the one where Evil Spock has a beard). I'm not the only one because the plot element came back in DS9. To my point though, what if there's a mirror universe where everyone where the Catholic Church teaches all the things that Pelosi and all her ilk promote but she and her kind are rebels who teach that life begins at conception and that the Eucharist is truly the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, true God and true Man.

Blessed be God, the Giver of life!

May God bless all who read my ramblings,

Adopt A Catholic Blog

No comments: